Values & Skills Action Planner (VSAP)
The Values & Skills Action Planner combines the best of two great resources; the Values & Skills Assessment Cards, and the Career Activity Planner workbook. This online report provides far more than results; it is a self-exploration guide to next steps, including identifying transferable skills and setting short and long-term, realistic goals, along possible career pathways.
Clients start by exploring their values by virtually sorting a series of cards listing different work values into three categories: Strongly Value; Value at Times; and Don’t Value. They then move onto doing the same for a series of cards listing a variety of skills, and placing them into: Like to Do; Would Like to Learn, and Don’t Like to Do categories.
With results from the Values and Skills assessment in hand, clients use the rest of the report as a workbook for:
- Assessing individual attributes and how they relate to employment
- Assessing values: what you don’t value is just as important as what you do value
- Listing transferable skills that can be used in future careers/jobs
- Rediscovering talents and accomplishments
- Looking at life experiences and considering how they have impacted job choices
- Producing a list of employment options
- Creating a concrete plan to enter into a chosen field
- Identifying and working around any barriers
- Developing a plan that will include short- and long-term realistic goals
The report/workbook can be viewed and filled out on a computer, tablet, and other devices, or printed out. Clients can then continuously refer back to, and revise it throughout their career development journey.