Jackson Career Explorer (JCE)
- Fit with 30 different Job Groups and in-depth information on students’ top 3 jobs
- Fit with 17 different Education Groups
- Ranks 34 Basic Interests
- Highlights Work Personality preferences
- Showcases thousands of job resources customized to the student’s results, including action steps and interpretive tips
- Provides links to over 850 sample job codes from NOC, organizations, and web-based career resources
The JCE accurately measures specific areas of career interest, ways of approaching work, and job groups associated with these areas of interest. Results are generated based on scoring algorithms that have been tested and refined to produce optimal results. The JCE accurately identifies the career interests that will motivate students to discover enriching, fulfilling careers.
The JCE is a derivative of the Jackson Vocational Interest Survey (JVIS), first published in 1977 and considered to be one of the most well-respected career interest assessments on the market. The JCE was developed by employing advanced test construction methods to identify the items most diagnostic of each of the 34 Basic Interest Scales that form the foundation of the JVIS.
The JCE is grounded in science. More than 40 psychologists and career experts have worked on the development of the JCE and its predecessor, the JVIS, over the past 45 years. Research has shown that the JCE is a valid and reliable career interest assessment.