Career Exploration Inventory – EZ, 2nd Edition (CEI-EZ)
The CEI EZ is the perfect interest inventory if you have limited administration time or work with individuals who need an easy-to-read format. Like the best-selling Career Exploration Inventory, the CEI EZ guides students and job seekers in exploring and planning three major areas of life-work, leisure activities, and learning. But the CEI EZ has fewer items and five steps, making the benefits of the CEI accessible to everyone.
With the CEI EZ, individuals reflect on 96 activities and consider their past, present, and future interest in them. Scores connect to 16 career interest areas based on the U.S. Department of Education career clusters. Related jobs, education and training options, and leisure activities are listed for each interest area. An action plan helps individuals focus on their top interest areas and consider short- and long-range goals.
For the new edition, the items have been revised to reflect changes in technology and society, job titles have been updated, and steps and wording have been streamlined for even easier reading.
Key Features and Benefits
- The CEI-EZ offers the distinct advantage of including three major interest areas (work, leisure, and learning) in one device.
- Allows people to identify their major interest clusters; explore a variety of work, leisure, and education options; and develop a career action plan.
- Quick and easy to use. This is the interest inventory of choice for teachers, counsellors, and administrators who don’t have a lot of time to devote to the assessment process.
- Can be completed in 20 minutes.
- Incorporates a developmental format not used in other interest inventories. The CEI-EZ measures individuals’ past, present, and future interests. By reflecting on the interests they have developed over time, individuals are able to plan for the future.
- Can be given to groups or to individuals.